A blog about make-up and salon treatments, which mascaras really work and what not to waste your money on. This is a pretentious who's who of top beauty treatments - but down-to-earth knowledge. Want something tested out? Had an experience of your own? Let me know...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Miracle product of the week


If you have hair that is prone to being rather unruly, dry, damaged and/or frizzy - this is THE miracle product for you.

It ain't cheap but it smells goigeous! And it works. So that is important too.

And while it might cost £18 (ouch!), you need a minuscule amount. A very small pea amount. A couple of grains of rice amount. Believe me, any more and you'll end up with lank, Wednesday Adams hair. And that is not not not good.

The Aveda blurb says it delivers 'all-day straightness and shine'. For me, I found it makes my wavy frizzbomb hair look presentable when it dries naturally. With a blowdry, it behaves itself.

I have tried numerous straightening creams and this is the only one which made a real difference. My former favourite (Frizz-Ease) has been permanently relegated.

This smells all fresh, citrusy and aromatic, a bit bergamot and also contains rose and sandalwood.

The blurb on the back? It is an 'exclusive blend of plant-derived cellulose, wheat, organic aloe, maize and guar bean'. It delivers 'long-lasting hold - to maintain a straight style all day'.

And some kind of weird-sounding wheat protein protects the hair from heat-damaged caused by straighteners and hairdryers. Bonus!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks - noted!
    Now I'm one of the minority that never swore by Frizz-Eese anyway although I won't be without their Secret Agent.

    ReplyDelete