A blog about make-up and salon treatments, which mascaras really work and what not to waste your money on. This is a pretentious who's who of top beauty treatments - but down-to-earth knowledge. Want something tested out? Had an experience of your own? Let me know...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A lovely lip gloss...

I am terrible at neglecting my lips. A slick of lipbalm or Clinique Lip Plump and I'm away.

I always focus on my eyes (never leave the house without a smudge of eyeliner = secret weapon) and so lipstick always seems too much.

So I'm a big fan of subtle lips.

Therefore this soft pinky i-shine lipgloss was always going to appeal. It is not at all sticky (far less than my beloved Clinique) so even in the windiest weather my hair did not get glued to my lips. Think smooth and velvety rather than sticky. Hooray!

The colour (Seabreeze) is subtle and gives a nice sheen - plus even when the shine wore off, my lips stayed nice and moisturized.

I also love the packaging - there is a handy little mirror in the lid of the pot. Perfect for me who can rarely be bothered to pop to the loo to reapply... I'm more of an on-the-go touch up girl.

The lip gloss range is supposed to be cocktail flavour - but that one totally passed me by. Others in the range include Cuba Libra, Pina Colada and Tequila Sunrise. Hmmmm....

The price is a little off putting at £12.50 but it is a quality product and the colour should suit everyone as it is so subtle.

i-shine is from New CID cosmetics - a range found in House of Fraser and Debenhams. They are priced at £12.50 each.

This product was sent by New CID's PR company.

No comments:

Post a Comment