A blog about make-up and salon treatments, which mascaras really work and what not to waste your money on. This is a pretentious who's who of top beauty treatments - but down-to-earth knowledge. Want something tested out? Had an experience of your own? Let me know...

Monday, October 4, 2010

Bizarre but it works...


Gah what with holidays and writing website content for money - I haven't had a chance to update my blog for a while...

Popped over to Sardinia for a week where the weather wasn't quite as I'd hoped. But still sunny enough to break out the glittery aftersun every now and again - my top holiday treat.

But I'm back with a great product for Breast Cancer Awareness Month - one which seems a little bizarre but truly works. And I have put it through some quite vigorous testing!

Unleashing the Crystal Body Deodorant - a natural mineral salt deodorant. It looks like... well a big crystal in a tube... but it doesn't contain any perfume or aluminium - which some scientists have linked to breast cancer and to .

It actually neutralises the bacteria on your skin which causes odour to start... sSo it doesn't mask the stench your gym sweat - it prevents it occurring in the first place. Which is quite neat really.

It isn't sticky or smelly and has no alcohol in it so it's also good for the skin.

It's quite a bizarre concept - you wet this crystal top and rub it on your armpits. You can't smell it and at first I was quite dubious this would work. However, I've tried it in the gym... I've worn it on long days shopping, travelling and on hot days in Sardinia. And have been fresh and odour-free the whole time.

My only gripe would be that I am so used to having a pleasant-smelling armpit, that it was a little unnerving to not be able to smell anything. A slight scent would have been better - but as I used it more frequently, I became more used to it.

It is also (in the 120g size I tested) a little large to take to the gym or on holiday and it is quite heavy.

They're also perfect for veggies as they haven't been tested on animals either. AND IT LASTS FOR UP TO A YEAR.

For more information on why it is better for you... and how it works, click through to their website here.

They give 1% of profits (admittedly not THAT much) to breast cancer charity The Pink Ribbon Foundation. The large size (120g - pictured above) costs £4.99, while a smaller size costs £1.99. They can be found in Boots or bought on the web.

It also comes in roll-on or spray format.

This product was sent for impartial review by Kilpatrick PR

No comments:

Post a Comment