A blog about make-up and salon treatments, which mascaras really work and what not to waste your money on. This is a pretentious who's who of top beauty treatments - but down-to-earth knowledge. Want something tested out? Had an experience of your own? Let me know...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elvive Full 5 Restore... Failed to get my mojo back

I'm not a huge Cheryl Cole fan but it's hard to ignore her big glossy waves when they are dangling in front of your face on TV all the time.

And let's face it, who wouldn't want her bouncy bonce.

So when I saw the L'Oreal product she endorses going cheap in a local shop I thought I'd give it a whirl.

And try and get my hair 'mojo' back.


Before I continue, I will state that I usually use L'Oreal Elvive shampoos on my hair (with a Redken conditioner) and have done for several years.

My former hairdresser at the fabulous Blushes salon in Cheltenham told me that they have the expertise behind them (and almost as good ingredients) as their more expensive brands. And I've found the Royal Jelly and Frizz-fighting ones pretty darn good.

But Full 5 Restore claims to offer what they do - plus volume. They claim hair:

1. Feels stronger*
2. Looks fuller
3. Looks revitalised
4. With a healthy looking shine
5. Looks silkier

And perhaps the conditioner and hair masque are just great at doing that.

After using it several times, I can confirm it does not look fuller or feel stronger. It feels fairly soft - but soft means I can't do anything with it and my style flops.

It is supposed to target 'weak, limp, lifeless' hair. But didn't deliver the results. Not for me at least.

Smelled nice though.

In case you're interested: My hair type - Fine, lots of it, natural wave/kink, dyed with a semi-permanent, frizzes in humidity, can look dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment